Whether you are selling a home that you've been in for 5 years or 50 years, there are a few things to keep in mind:1. Selling a home comes with some "work" on the sellers part. Your real estate
-What to Expect When Selling-
Dated: May 14 2021
Whether you are selling a home that you've been in for 5 years or 50 years, there are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Selling a home comes with some "work" on the sellers part. Your real estate professional should give you some guidance on how to prepare your home for sale. Whether it's just a little painting and cleaning or getting some of your projects completed that you put on the back burner, you'll want to do what you can to make sure the house is prepped and ready.
2. You should expect that the first weekend your home is on the market is going to be filled with showings. It will most likely be a little inconvenient and you're going to feel a bit displaced for a few days but remember, the first couple of days that buyers see your home are typically where you end up getting your best offers!
3. Expect that there are fees to pay outside of just hiring an agent. You're going to need a real estate attorney who will handle all of the legalities that come with selling. In Massachusetts you also have to factor in Mass Tax Stamps, getting your smoke detectors checked and more. Most of these fees can be deducted from your proceeds so you do not end up physically writing a check but they are something to be aware of.
4. Your Realtor should set expectations and suggest other professionals that can make your transaction truly seamless. Are they suggesting professional photos, a trusted real estate attorney, a cleaner, stager or other service provider? Do they have a clear marketing plan and timeline? Have they had a discussion with you about all of the nuisances that come with selling like appraisals, inspections and more? Setting proper expectations can make or break the selling experience.
5. Expect your Realtor to act like a professional. This may seem silly but it's extremely important that the person you use to sell your home has professionalism and good communication. So much of how deals go depends not just only how they communicate with you but how they communicate and follow up with other realtors.
For most realtors, the sale is all that matters. But I'm not like most realtors. I believe in doing things differently. For me, client experience trumps all, and my team and I dedicate our focus to i....